Saturday, October 1, 2011

The End of Summer



So this past two months have been busy! Here are a few things that I have done.
* Started teaching 7th and 8th grade English and History
*Went to San Francisco with friends
*Went to Tahoe
*Went to Point Reyes
*Went to Montavlo Center of Arts in Saritoga
*Saw cousins and family
*Caught up with the girls
*Watched the Capital Air Show
Life has been good and of course, very busy. I am loving certain aspects of teaching middle school. They are a challenge, but they keep me laughing. I have a very diverse group of students who like to teach me things about life. Overall, they love positive attention and just want to be validated. In the meantime, I was able to go and see a few things. Here are some pictures in a very random order.

Check me out at the Exploritorium in San Francisco. What an optical illusion.

Yep, just a drinking fountain. Oh man, it does trick with your mind.

I just love Colbie! Love the boots!

Some family and friends at the Capital Air show!
My friend Ben and I had fun hiking and exploring Point Reyes.
We hiked to this amazing water fall that flows into the ocean. It was incredible and quite the hike!

Tahoe! Toren, Sean, and I went up to Tahoe for a huge activity. It was so beautiful and quite a memorable short car trip.
Charity, me, and Koreen at the Montavlo Center of Arts.
Charity, Nicole, Jenn, and Koreen on some of the amazing hiking trails surrounding the center.
This is the Arts Center. Quite a lovely setting.
Here's my smart board in my classroom. I love it!
My classroom (before school started)
I love these girls! Alena, AmyAnn, Ariane, Jenn, and Jenn!
Colbie and Me at the Air show!
Allan not wanting his picture taken!

No comments: