Friday, August 6, 2010

Girl's Camp

Girl's Camp was so much fun this year. I truly love going up and being in such a great atmosphere. I think I have more fun than the girls. I worked with amazing ladies and we laughed so hard, stayed up late, and pulled pranks. SO MUCH FUN!



I got to be a part of the 4th year high adventure activity. We went white water rafting, camping under the stars, and rock climbing. The girls did a great job. Here we are before the big rock climb event.

We went down to Bridgeport on "hike day". We had a nice hike and the water was amazing. It was a beautiful spot for the day.



Here is where the exciting part of camp came. Last year the Priesthood challenged the Certification ladies to a trolly race. We had no problem beating them last year. They were so disorganized that we easily beat them two days in a row.
This year we had much to live up to. The Priesthood even built new trollies with a better design. Without our knowledge, they began practicing. One of their team members even got hurt and he vaguely told me he fell down. They were sneaking around in hopes of winning. We got wind that they were practicing, so late one night we snuck down to their campsite and searched for the trollies. We could not find them anywhere. The next morning, we discovered they were right out in public view. We had a friend steal them while we were hiking. When the men discovered they were gone, they searched all over camp the entire day. We eventually brought them to them and we challenged them. Well, we had never practiced and we had three new team members. We LOST! It was difficult and then men were REALLY good. We decided that we needed practice and the next day would be the championships. Needless to say, we practiced and after a challenging first race, we won 2 out of 3! What amazing ladies! It was so much fun.

Well, I did not take many pictures. My camera died and I did not get any of our great new camp. Camp Bountiful was beautiful and we loved going up there. Yes I had to work, but I LOVED being with such amazing girls and staff! It really did not feel like work!

3 comments:

Charla and Jarom said...

Oh my gosh! I just saw pics of Camden's wedding! I just cannot believe my eyes! My little Camden got married! What! Great pics, your whole family looks great! I love the pics of the trek. I have nothing but bad memories from my pioneer trek :) I just wasn't cut out for that kind of stuff! Looks fun though :) I might like it more now as an adult.

kristin said...

I didn't know you blogged! Thanks for leaving a comment cause now I see what you're up to as I don't Facebook. It was so fun to see us on the Trolleys! And I was laughing remembering our late night 'prank' to find the boards that happened to be out in plain view. :)

Cheralyn said...

I didn't know you blogged either! Oh my, girl's camp was so much fun and a great experience for me. I loved it! And I loved actually getting a chance to chat and hang out with you.