Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Busy Few Weeks

Life feels a bit busy lately, but I think I do better with a lot on my plate. It's not just meetings and work, I have been able to do some fun activities. I do love being able to go to school each day and teach my students. They are very trying at times, but I do enjoy the opportunity to work. Here are a few activities from the past few weeks.




We start with the American River Branch Mini-Golf experience. We had to come up with a creative hole to play. My friends and I came up with a camping hole. It's not the best picture but it does have a fire pit and tent. It was a fun night! Golfing friends: Chandra and Kristen



John's Incredible Pizza experience with Grandma Gail, Briley, Papa Bair, and Taylin. The girls moved down to Southern CA, so we took the them for one last night of fun! I think my dad had more fun with the games than the girls did!



Kings Game with friends! The big Jazz against Kings was a tough match as a few of the friends are from Utah and love the Jazz. The hometown team was doing well until the very end. The Jazz was able to win at the last minute. I might have heard about it for awhile after!





Another fun adventure took place at the annual Giant's Fan Fest in San Francisco. After going for the past two years, Jenn and I decided to bring a few friends along this year. The Giants are coming off a huge World Series Victory. Well, the problem was everyone brought a few new friends. They closed the park after being open for less than an hour. We waited, ate, and then shockingly found a way in at the last minute. We were able to walk everywhere (the field, press box, whole stadium, etc).

A great view from the Press Box. Loved the best seats in the house! At the very end of the day, we went and watched a question and answer session with a few Giant's players. My friend Ben ran up at the end and was persistent. It payed off and Will Clark signed his baseball. It helped that he is pretty tall, but it was a thrill. What a way to end the experience!




We also had a baby shower for my friend, Jenn Evans. It was so nice to be with friends and enjoy the afternoon with my friends that I don't get to see very often. Lindsay and I were thinking the same thing, and wore similar outfits!



Lastly, my life has changed a bit with my new calling. After working with Regional YSA activities for 4 years, I have now been released. I get to work with the Stake YW's. Here is my first New Beginnings. I thought I went to a lot of meetings, but oh how life has changed. I've had 3-4 meetings each week, but I think it will calm down soon.

I really can't complain. I love my life! I have great friends, good job, and an amazing family. I feel very blessed as I look at my life. I see the hand of the Lord in all my life. I am truly grateful!

No comments: