Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Coast Trip with Friends



A few friends and I went down and up the coast to see the sites. I really had been wanting to see Hearst Castle for the longest time, and I got some friends to come with me. I know, I'm the only girl, but it worked out. We first went down to Morro Bay and visited the beach and saw the sites.
Jeff, Ariane, Sean, and Toren overlooking Morro Bay




Sean found some sea weed and I became the victim. Actually, we learned how fun jump roping was. This is a perfect picture of what I was doing all weekend long..coughing. I had a cough for over 4 weeks. Awful!


We went and visited the Beach with all the E-seals. It's a whole beach full of elephant seals. It's humorous to watch hundreds of whales lay on a beach, make crazy noises, and try to bite each other. It was a sight to see!

Hearst Castle was completely fascinating. We had a pretty interesting tour guide. I personally thought he had similar body gestures as Crush the Sea Turtle from Finding Nemo. But we had a second guide who gave us the insights into the castle. She took a liking to us and answered any question we had. It truly was intriguing and I'm planning a second trip to go on another tour.

Highlights not shown here was getting to see my MTC/Mission companion, Shandell Kunz Platt. It was so great to catch up after a few years. We talked about the good old days in Utah and Norway. It was amazing to pick up the conversation as if time hasn't happened. We know each other so well because of that intense crazy time on the mission. I loved it!

We also visited Pebble Beach Golf Course. I took the guys out onto the green (the public part). They thought for sure we were not allowed there, but they embraced the opportunity to be on the grass at Pebble Beach. We also visited Carmel and went through 17 mile drive. It was quick and a lot of driving, but so worth it.
Overall, a great trip with good friends.

1 comment:

The Reiersens said...

Ariane, you are always going on such cool trips! I've always wanted to see Hearst castle. I will just have to live precariously through your blog! :)