Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day Trips





I am loving the time off I have had lately. Swim team, Girls' Camp, and Youth Conference is over and now my life has SLOWED down. I really have loved it. I had a few weeks to take a few day trips and to relax. In the meantime, I was offered a teaching position after being laid off in June. I accepted a position working at a middle school in South Sacramento. It's going to be a huge switch moving from Kindergarten/1st to 7th grade Engligh/History. Oh man!

But here are a few pictures from a few days trips and events in my life!
I got to hang out with my favorite little friends! Seriously, I love these kids!

My dear Aunt Mary passed away at the end of July. We ended up having family from all over for the funeral. It was such a sad time, but nice to see over 85 members of the family together. Here are my cousins and my Uncle Ron. I will miss my amazingly talented dedicated Aunt Mary.


For my birthday, I went to the Cordova Golf Course to practice at the driving range. Luckily, Mom has connections so we were able to get tons of buckets of ball for free. Then, the guy liked her so much that he let her drive the ball collector cart. He heard it was my birthday, so he let me drive it! It was the highlight (besides having my friends around me). Poor quality picture, but you get the idea.


Some of my nieces and nephews! Love these kids!


Ben and I took a little trip to Point Reyes. We decided to take a 10 mile hike to see this waterfall that ended into the ocean. It was a great hike, just make sure you are wearing the right shoes. I did have a great time, but I killed my feet.


Ben next to the waterfall!




A great trip! It was so convenient that Ben stopped working in August to get ready to head down to LA to work on his MBA. We have had the same time off, which has been great to go on a few trips.


A horrible picture, but you get the idea. About 30 women from my stake out to see "The Help". It was so fun to be with such great ladies!


My friend Chris took me and my friend Sean on an "Adventure with Chris, Bay Area". We seriously saw so many things and had a great time. He took us to the hills of Berkley and we saw such an amazing view of the bay. We went into SF and went to the Palace of Fine Arts, Exploritorium, Crissy Field (beach front with Golden Gate in background), Fort Mason, Norwegian Seaman's Church (Amazing view), and Ghiradelli Square. Seriously, a great adventure to see some of the areas I don't normally go to.


Palace of Fine Arts was seriously beautiful!

Well, there have been a few more trips and adventures. I will get a few more up! This summer has been great. I am now working on getting my classroom together and changing my mindset to middle school!

1 comment:

The Reiersens said...

Wow, JR high?! That's a big switch! Don't worry, you'll be the cute, young teacher and the little boys will love you. Good luck! :)