Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life is good!


My Classroom! I am teaching a Kindergarten/ 1st Grade split class. I am loving it! My fellow teachers have been so helpful and kind. My students are adorable...with quite the personalities. We almost had a whole day without tears. We are getting closer. I am exhausted at the end of the day. I can't wait for the weekend!

My school has made huge improvements in the last two years. 95% of the students qualify for free lunch, so we have our challenges. I have 13 out of my 25 students speak another language at home. But the school has jumped 140 API points in two years. (THAT IS HUGE). Really, I am grateful for a job and I am loving it!

This memorial weekend we had a BBQ at my parents. We had a pinata. We had fun with the family.

Loving Colbie!

I took Colbie and Allan downtown to ride the train. It was so much fun! They loved it.

Our train ride
My last YSA conference I will be in charge of! We went to a River Cats Game.
It was a fun game

The service project at the conference. We had a great turnout with about 400 YSA's.

"Speed Greeting" It sounds better than Speed Dating!

3 comments:

Cheralyn said...

I bet you are an amazing teacher! I wish my kids could have you - why don't you come on over to teach at Mather - eh??? ps - you and five guys at a game - nice odds!

The Reiersens said...

Ok wow, you look like you had a great time at the Rivercats game! Ditto what Cheralyn said, those are nice odds! :)

The Brandon Biz said...

So excited for your new job! Good luck....you'll be fantastic. So mad I forgot to tape the Mentalist. I was going to look for you.